Missionary Hump Day
I just thought I would share what I put in his “Hump Day” box:
* A dozen of his favorite chocolate chip cookies that I cut in half before they completely cooled.
* I bought an old, really ugly tie at Goodwill and cut it in half.
* I went through 5 large bags of Animal Cookies and pulled out the Camels and Elephants (don’t get “trunky”). I found large bags of plain and chocolate cookies at Toys-R- Us.
* A small plastic camel that I found at Party City.
* Party Poppers and Silly String that I also found at Party City.
* I bought a camel cookie cutter through e-bay. It was only $2.95 but I had to pay $6.00 for shipping. I made camel sugar cookies using a bag of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. One bag made a dozen cookies and they turned out really cute.
You might want to experiment with how thick you make the cookies. The recipe calls for 1/4″ thickness. However, if they are too thick, the camel looks retarded!
* Sean loves the Trail Mix that has raisins, nuts and M&M candies. A box of Individual sleeves of this trail mix can be found at Costco. I sent him a dozen of these so that he can throw a few into his backpack and get a quick snack when he is in-between meals.
* I also picked up individual serving sizes of Beef Jerkey at Costco. Sean loves the Pacific Gold Brand. It is very tender and flavorful.
* I always send $20.00 in each package that I send to Sean. I get 20 $1.00 bills, tape them end to end or side by side and use that to wrap up something in the box. The first time I did this, he said the other Missionaries were taking
pictures of the idea to send home to mom! LOL!
* We also send Sean two really nice new ties – (these got wrapped up with the $1.00 bills) Here’s an FYI for some of the new moms who may not know about this. Whenever you send your missionary a new tie, you are supposed to write – with a Sharpie Marker – an encouraging message on the underneath side of the tie. Don’t worry, the sharpie doesn’t bleed through. The Elders love to get new ties and love to get your message of support that they can have with them whenever they wear their new tie.
BTW – Here’s something that you probably already know. Whenever you are sending a heavy box to your missionary, always plan ahead and send the box “ground”.
That will take around 3-5 days to get to him, but will save you sooo much money!!! Check with your local UPS or FED-EX Postage center for the rates.
To all of the new moms that are on the MM site, hang in there!! Before you know it, you will also be putting together your son’s Hump Day Box!
Proud MM of Elder Evans